When plaintiffs and attorneys need funding for their lawsuits, they can turn to The Legal Funding Group. Law firms can use legal funding to increase their working capital. Plaintiffs who need money after experiencing an injury or physical trauma and those dealing with emotional and mental injuries can turn to legal funding to help them.
Victims of an accident know that living expenses and bills do not come to a halt because they have experienced an injury. Bills will continue to accumulate, and individuals may not be working because of the injuries they have sustained.
You and your attorney could be completely confident that you are going to receive a settlement. However, the payout may take months or years to actually reach your bank account. The Legal Funding Group is focused on making your wait for your settlement less stressful. We provide the financial security needed to help you live a more comfortable life. We at Legal Funding Group can help you get the money you need with pre-settlement funding in San Jose, CA.
The Legal Funding Group makes it easy for you to get the legal funding you need in San Jose, CA. Here is a walkthrough of our process.
1. Tell us about yourself. Use our online application or call us directly at 912-777-3997. During this initial contact, we are interested in getting the basic facts of your case. We will also need your attorney’s contact information.
2. Let us review your case. To do this, we will need to speak with your lawyer to learn more about your case. We need your permission to contact your law firm. Our underwriters are going to ask your attorney for information based on the type of case you have. If you have a general personal injury claim or if your claim has a relatively small dollar value, we will probably need just a few bits of specific information.
3. We send you money. Once we have received the information and approved your loan, The Legal Funding Group sends you money as quickly as possible. Our goal is to get your money to you in as little as 24 hours after approval. A check can be overnighted to you so it can be deposited into your bank account the next day, we can send you a cashier’s check, or we can directly deposit the check electronically into your checking account. The speed with which we can help you will depend on how quickly your law firm sends us the information we need.
Qualifying for Legal Funding in San Jose, CA
To qualify for a lawsuit loan in San Jose, CA, you must meet some essential criteria.
- Your case must be strong. We assume the risk if we give you money based on a pending settlement. We need to be confident that your lawsuit will be resolved in a way favorable to you.
- Your attorney must represent you on a contingency fee basis. Your attorney is currently working the case and will only receive a payment if they win or settle your case.
- The defendant responsible for your injuries must have the ability to pay the damages themselves or via their insurance company.
Additional factors that are considered include:
- Your damages – By damages, we mean the emotional, financial, or physical loss you have experienced because of your accident.
- The margin for investment – This means that we need to know how much of your settlement will be deducted for expenses and attorney fees. We will need to know any liens or jury awards against the settlement.
- Attorney’s cooperation – Your attorney needs to be in the loop throughout the entire process. They must agree with your lawsuit loan in San Jose, CA. They are the ones who will give us the documentation about your case. In most cases, your attorney must acknowledge the agreement to the funding arrangement.
Attorney Funding in San Jose, CA
It’s not just plaintiffs who need funding. At times, attorneys need funding to pursue a case adequately. Legal experts who understand the role adequate funding plays in an attorney’s ability to assist their clients created this funding type. We have flexible funding options available to accommodate contingency fee attorneys whose salary is based on their ability to conclude or settle a case. We can tweak our methods to each attorney’s time constraints and budgets. By providing attorney funding in San Jose, CA, we can help attorneys have the cash on hand to prepare a compelling case and grow their law firm grow.
This type of funding helps attorneys get the money that they need so that their clients get the best defense. Attorneys can use this money for expert witnesses, studies, and other expenses that might arise. Many of the attorneys we work with use our funding services to help with:
- Marketing Development
- Getting Working Capital
- Litigation Expenses
Types of Cases We Fund
If you are a victim of a personal injury case or you are a lawyer, you may be able to apply for pre-settlement funding in San Jose, CA. This financing can be used to help with expenses for the following lawsuits:
- Car Accidents
- Dangerous Drugs
- Dog Bites
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Truck Accidents
- Workers’ Compensation
Legal Information for the State of California
Statute of Limitations
The amount of time you have to file a lawsuit varies based on the type of legal claim. The following are some statute of limitations for common disputes seen in the courts.
- Personal Injury – You have two years from the injury. If the injury was not immediately discovered, it is one year from the date the injury was discovered.
- Breach of Written Contract – You have four years from the date they broke the contract.
- Property Damage – You have three years from when the damage occurred.
- Breach of an Oral Contract- You have two years from the date the contract was broken.
Li v. Yellow Cab Co., 532 P.2d 1226 (1975) describes the comparative negligence law. This law means that injured parties can collect damage even if they are 99 percent responsible for the accident.
Damage Caps and Limits
The only caps for noneconomic damages apply in malpractice cases. If your personal injury was because of a medical error, the maximum you will be able to recover for noneconomic damages is $250,000.
Minimum Liability Coverage
Drivers in California are required to carry the following car insurance coverage:
- $15,000 per person and $300,000 per incident for bodily injury liability coverage
- $5,000 minimum for property damage liability coverage
- $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident as a minimum for uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage
- $3,500 minimum for uninsured motorist property damage coverage
Apply for Legal Funding in San Jose, CA
The Legal Funding Group is committed to helping plaintiffs get the money they need to fight their cases successfully. We want to help you get the cash you need as fast as possible. For this reason, when you apply for funding, you will get the following benefits.
- Personal customer service
- Openness and transparency
- An easy and fast application process
- Rapid cash transfer once your case is approved
Contact us today to learn more about getting a lawsuit loan in San Jose, CA.