You’ve been injured. Your injuries are extensive. Your extensive injuries are expensive. Although you’ve filed a lawsuit against the individual who caused your injuries, payment is in the distant future. According to your attorney, the other party may settle. That won’t help you now. You have expensive medical bills and no way to pay them.
It may seem like you have absolutely no options, but you do.
Legal Funding is Great for Individuals Who Need Help with Medical Bills Now
Like you, many people have health insurance. However, health insurance isn’t enough and may not be enough to pay for your injuries. You may benefit from legal funding for your medical bills if you’re in one of these categories:
- Your medical providers and surgeons are out of network. In most situations, medical providers and surgeons who can treat you are in your health insurance network. If they aren’t, you are stuck with paying all or a large portion of the medical bills. Lawsuit loans can help pay for these out-of-network bills to give you peace of mind while recovering and pursuing your legal claim.
- You need to pay a deductible or for hardware and medical devices. Insurance companies may agree to pay for one or more of your needed procedures. However, you have a high deductible. You don’t have the money to pay off the high deductible.
In other situations, you’ve been denied coverage for things you need like a medical or hardware device. You can’t spend endless amounts of time fighting with the health insurance company to try to get approval for the device.
In both situations, legal funding with a pre-settlement loan is available to help you pay the high deductible and/or needed medical device.
- You don’t have health insurance. You may prefer paying out-of-pocket for your health needs instead of paying a monthly premium for health insurance. However, you never expected to be in an accident where you’d need to pay a tremendous amount of out-of-pocket expenses. In this case, a pre-settlement loan will help you pay your medical bills.
What is Legal Funding for Medical Bills?
Legal funding includes lawsuit loans like pre-settlement funding. Pre-settlement is money provided to a plaintiff based on their pending lawsuit. A pre-settlement is different from a settlement. A settlement is negotiated between the plaintiff and the defendant in a personal injury case. The agreement involves the plaintiff (you) giving up your legal right to sue the defendant. In exchange, you receive a lump sum or a series of payments from the defendant. The payment typically covers your accident-related expenses such as your extensive medical bills.
Pre-settlement is obtained from a third party such as The Legal Funding Group. The third party is not part of the lawsuit. The money is available upfront. If the plaintiff wins or settles their lawsuit, the money they receive from the third party funding group is paid.
If the plaintiff loses their case, they are not required to pay the third-party company the money back.
That’s why pre-settlement funding is a great option for plaintiffs looking for financial security. You need the money immediately to pay your medical expenses and possibly other bills such as rent and utilities. You could even use pre-settlement funding to pay for in-home care expenses. Getting a pre-settlement loan from The Legal Funding Group can help you focus on healing from your injuries, and not the financial burden the accident caused you.
Approval and Funding Typical Takes 24 Hours after Completing the Application
To obtain pre-settlement funding, you must apply for it. This is a quick and easy process.
- Complete the Application
This can be done via phone or online application and takes little time. You must provide standard documents. If you can’t provide the requested documents, ask your lawyer to do so. You’ll need to confirm that the information is correct so that we can contact you immediately.
- Contact Your Attorney for Verification Purposes
It is vital that you contact your attorney after submitting your application for pre-settlement funding. We will contact your attorney prior to sending you the pre-settlement money. Communication with your attorney is key because we will need specific information about your case to determine the amount of your advance.
During this process, we will send you a release form. The release form gives us consent to ask your attorney for details about your case. It also informs your legal counsel that you are seeking legal funding from us. This is the only way for us to get the details verified about your case and approve your funding.
This second step must be completed before getting to the third step. Verification includes, but is not limited to:
- Verifying the details of your personal injury case
- Verifying the total damages sustained in your personal injury accident
- Verifying the defendant’s ability to pay the settlement or verdict
- Determine whether there are any previous lawsuits that would halt, change, or negatively affect the outcome of your case.
Approving your pre-settlement funding is a comprehensive process. However, the process is often completed quickly. When required documents are submitted in a timely fashion, you can have the money needed to pay your medical bills within 24 hours.
- Get Your Money
The last step in the process is getting your pre-settlement funding. The money will be sent to you via an overnight check or directly deposited into your bank account. We can also wire the money into your bank account or send you a cashier’s check.
Contact The Legal Funding Group About Your Medical Bills
You need money to pay for your medical bills. Your lawyer says that you can win or settle your case for the amount needed to cover your medical bills. However, getting the needed money is far away because the legal process takes so long. You need medical funding now, not later.
The Legal Funding Group has the money you need to pay your medical bills now. You can have the money within 24 hours. Contact us for more information about getting approved.